Birth Weight: 2 lbs 10 1/4 ounces
Total Recipes: 100
Color Photographs: Yes
Gestation: 4 months conceiving
6 months to publish
Delivery: Aided with the help of many great culinary friends and experts it was easier than expected.
A collection of mouth-watering recipes from culinary greats renown for their prowess in and around the kitchen. Some of the stellar contributors are Sara Moulton, Nick Malgieri, José Andres, Charlie Trotter, Roy Yamaguchi, Rick Tramonto, Susan Feniger, Mary Sue Milliken, Elizabeth Falkner and Susanna Foo.
Whether they excel as chefs, restaurateurs, writers and/or culinary educators, they have all worked their way to the top of their respective culinary fields. Each culinary great answers assorted questions with humor and passion on the pages of YUM! giving readers insight to what makes them tick.
YUM! Tasty Recipes from Culinary Greats is being sold through the normal channels but if purchased at the Maryland Hospitality Education Foundation $15.00 is tax deductible and will benefit the MHEF ProStart program and scholarship fund or direct from Microplane® where all their profits go to the National Kidney Foundation.
Better yet, YUM! is an ideal holiday gift for either the hobby cook up to those avocational cooks who like a good challenge. There is diversity and great recipes for all.
Jeffrey Spear is president of Studio Spear, a leading national marketing consultancy based in Baltimore Maryland. The company focuses its strategic and creative efforts on kitchen based “lifestyle” products and caters to both consumer and trade audiences.
Some of Studio Spear’s better known clients have included Anheuser Busch, Disney, BaskinRobbins and Hasbro. While these companies are some of the largest in the country, if not the world, Studio Spear maintains relationships with companies of all sizes and geographic influence.
What I learned from this experience:
1. I can work closely with someone for 4 months and not put a contract out on their life.
2. The ProStart high school program needs additional help with educational information. A big thank you to Frieda's Produce company for donating their fabulous book The Purple Kiwi for the instructors.
3. Not all chefs can write a recipe well.
4. Most people don't read recipes through.
5. I'm blessed to have so many friends who helped pull off all the recipe testing.
6. I've learned the ins-and-outs of many ethnic groceries in the city.
7. There is a white soy sauce.
8. Geoduck clam is pronounced "Gooey Duck"
9. Jeff and I have different food profiles - his favorites were not mine and vice verse
10. My passion for food and bringing people to the table grows more each day.
11. Rachel Ray, Paula Dean and Giada have nothing to worry about, I'm no threat.
This is a cookbook that keeps giving. Do you need to raise funds for your charity...sell the book, cookbooks are hot for holiday giving. Contact Cumberland Publishing.