Frederick, Maryland, a city with a rich history, is having their first ever Wine Festival on Saturday, August 6th at Carroll Creek Linear Park. A visit last year to Frederick reminded me how much I like the quaint Main Street feel and embraced the new Carroll Creek Linear Park along the water – centerpiece of the city’s revival.
No more than an hour away from Baltimore and Washington DC, located in the rolling hills for Frederick County – come get your wine on!
Twenty local wineries are participating – enjoy complimentary tastes and take advantage of the Wine Check for your bottles of wine purchased:
Tentative chefs/restaurants and offerings are:
- Crisafulli’s Cheese Shop- Cheese plate for both the VIP and regular tastings
- Say Cheese- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for both the VIP & regular offerings
- RoasthousePub- Mini Monte Cristo with House-made Duck Pastrami, Maple Bourbon Bacon Jam & Gruyere Cheese for the VIP tasting
- Monocacy Crossing- Blue Cheesecake with Pecan Crust with Candied Bacon & Fig Compote for the VIP. For the regular- Whisky Duck Nachos with Black Bean & Corn Salsa, Yuzu-Laced Tuna Tartare on House-made Chips, Colossal Crab Topped with Deviled Eggs
- Serenity Tea Room- Cajun Stuffed Hush Puppy with Shrimp, Crawfish, Corn, Shallot Confit & Creole Sauce for the VIP. For the regular- Shrimp & Grits, Iced Teas
- Rebel’s Kitchen- Thai Green Curry Chocolate Cake for the VIP. For the regular- Belgian Brownie Cakelets, Cherry Lambic Jam Pop Tarts, Bourbon Chex Mix, Anzac Biscuits, Soy Sauce Black Sesame Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Artisans selling their wares will dot the pathways to the wine tastings and the amphitheater will echo the musicians featuring all genres of music; folk, blues, reggae, and country rock. Alternately the Galleria Fountain Stage will regale you with additional performers.
Frederick Wine Festival – Carroll Creek Linear Park – Frederick, MD
Saturday, August 6th 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.