Do you like chili? Do you make a great chili? Captain Larry’s moves forward Saturday, February 7, 2015 with their 8th annual chili cook off with 100% of the proceeds benefiting Dogs XL Rescue. If you like eating chili, there is an $8 tasting fee and if you wear a Dogs XL t-shirt, enjoy happy hour pricing during the tasting which starts at 4 p.m.
If you want to enter your chili into the contest there are some simple rules:
- Show up at Larry’s at 3:30 p.m. with your chili in a crockpot
- Bring signage to promote your chili for the voting
- The Captain will provide electric, serving bowls and utensils
- It is open voting by everyone that pays admission ($8)
- Judging starts at 4 p.m. – Winners announced at 7 p.m.
- Prizes will be award for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
Chili recipes are not limited; it looks like you can go vegan to carnivore, beans or no beans. Just for the heck of it I searched for chili recipe at Saveur magazine’s website - they offered up 15 irresistible recipes: Rye’s Red Chili, Triple Chocolate Beef & Bean Chili, State Fair Chili, Lady Bird Johnson’s Pedernales Chili and more.Saveur
I’m not sure what the prizes are but on a late afternoon in February warm chili sounds like reward enough. A smart chili maker will invite friends and family to help booster their votes.
601 E Fort Ave, Baltimore, Maryland 21230 (410) 727-4799 www.captainlarrys.com
Facebook – Twitter @captainlarrys