October is a "pink" month, it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and "The Girls" are throwing a party on Saturday, October 17th at Power Plant Live from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. BreastFest - 10 local restaurants, an open bar and live music. Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy Medical will be the beneficiary of funds raised.
Restaurants featured at this year’s event include:
· Rouge – Sliders
· Ledo's Pizza - Pizza and Italian Salad
· The Yummery - Desert Shooters
· Bond Street Social- Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Spiced Duck Confit Ragu and Toasted Pepitas
· Mother's Federal Hill Grille - Mom's Homemade Chipotle Mac and Cheese
· Alexander's Tavern - Chile Con Carne w/ Fixings bar
· DogWatch Tavern - Cream of Crab Soup & MD Crab Soup
· Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery - Spinach and Artichoke Dip w/Nacho Chips and Beer Cheese Soup
· Barcocina - Reuben Tacos, braised corn beef, pickled cabbage, caraway scented gruyere fondue
· Harbor Que BBQ & Catering - "Mini Sundae's" (beans, pulled pork, Carolina slaw)
· Heavy Seas - TBD
· Nando's Peri Peri - Assorted Sandwiches and Wraps
Participants will also enjoy beer, wine and specialty drinks featuring Blue Moon, Miller Life, PYNK, Handcraft and Mouton Cadet wines, Red Bull, Svedka Vodka, Orchata, Serpent’s Bite, Fireball, and fresh handmade crushes.
MC Stevie T will return to host musical acts Scott’s New Band, the Sara O’Brien Band, and The Remainders.
Tickets are available for $60 in advance and $70 at the door. All proceeds benefit the Hoffberger Breast Center at the Mercy Medical Center. More information can be found at http://tyanna.org
Known for its signature slogan, “Save the Girls,” The Tyanna Foundation works tirelessly to make breast cancer more comfortable for patients—and less prevalent on the planet.
Founded by five sisters, the organization gets its name from Tyanna Barre O’Brien who lost her battle with breast cancer at the age of 48. Her legacy continues today through the work of her daughters Anne, Bridget, Megan, Sara & Katie—and everyone who raises a glass (and awareness) in a mother’s honor.
Since 1999, The Tyanna Foundation has hosted successful cocktails-for-a-cause style events which have raised more than $1,200,000 for The Hoffberger Breast Center at Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, MD, along with other worthy organizations in our sister cities (Philadelphia, PA; Athens, GA; and Southern New Jersey).