Donna's Café in Charles Village will take Slow Food Baltimore's Eat in Season Challenge from August 9th throught 16th chefs Andy Thomas and Brian Price will showcase fresh seasonal ingredients from local farms and farmers' markets.
Their Special Eat in Season Challenge Menu Includes
* Tomato consommé with local goat cheese
* Homemade fresh mozzarella and tomatoes with basil and olive oil
* White corn flan
* Maryland crab salad with cantaloupe and fresh mint
* Soft-shell crabs with farmers market succotash
* Sweet and sour fairy tale eggplants
* Springfield Farms pork tenderloin with peach chutney
* Roasted capon with lemon verbena and fingerling potatoes
Donna’s Café in Charles Village is located at 3101 St. Paul Street. It features an open kitchen and outdoor seating and is the fourth restaurant to meet the popular Eat in Season Challenge. Their regular menu will be available during the Challenge week.
The Challenge is an initiative of Slow Food Baltimore. It invites area establishments to serve -- during one week of the month -- a special three-course menu each night with the primary ingredients in each course to be locally sourced, and either currently in season, or traditionally preserved. The metro-wide campaign encourages chefs to be innovative; to create food that otherwise may not be featured or showcased. The Challenge also teaches people about the powerful benefits of eating seasonally.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Got to http://www.slowfoodbaltimore.com/ and click on "Eat in Season"