Enrico and Mary Velleggia came to the United States from Porto San Elpidio, a village on the Adriatic Sea. They opened a small tavern where Mary prepared the dishes that she grew up eating. She made the sauces that her mother’s mother made; food from her homeland, a city by the sea. Enrico’s friends would come and dine and eventually others from the neighborhood that is now called Little Italy.
Read the entire story and view photo album:
Velleggia’s – Oldest Italian Restaurant in Baltimore - Est. 1937
Posted using ShareThis